AUSTRALIAN HORIZONS FOUNDATION
The Foundation was formed in 2011 as the Gulf Horizons Foundation in Georgetown; far north Qld, based in Savannah House. It was originally launched by the former parent; Northern Gulf Resource Management Group (NGRMG) as the charitable support base for the suffering grazing, farming and agricultural communities in the Gulf region of far north Queensland.
It was managed by former CEO Noeline Ikin (deceased) and Neill Newton - both CEO's pictured with Senator Mathew Canavan and Senator James McGrath
The Board of NGRMG elected to cast aside the charity in early 2016; a critical move causing the charity to face innumerable funding challenges and a drop in providing services. Yet, by May 2016 former passionate Board members who had a true love and commitment to rural Australia, had formed a working committee, drafted and adopted a new Constitution, new governance ... plus a brand new vision.
Reborn and Unstoppable!
The Foundation was reborn, reinvented and re-energised ... now operating at full speed ... with the brand of the Australian Horizons Foundation. Because, we do not have a moment to lose for our broken rural heartland!
The Foundation has since inception - and throughout its own difficult latter years; raised funding and provided support for many communities and individuals throughout the Gulf region affected by:
- The live export ban
- Devastating floods that destroyed many properties and drowned over 350,000 head of cattle
- Fire that ravaged the land
- Many years of drought that killed cattle, crops and production
- Crippling debt that has ruined many properties, lives and down-turned communities
- Medical emergencies funding support for individuals (burns, accidents and trauma)
- Providing resources at rural schools, children's support groups, associations and community help groups
- Support packages of food and fuel vouches.
- Travel and accommodation vouches or funding for families supporting loved ones in hospitals
Now, in these later years since the rebirth - this Australian Horizons Foundation is working to expand the support base nationally into other States by adding a plethora of projects and initiatives, along with engaging with Alliance Partners and organisations, to further our reach throughout as much of suffering rural Australia as possible; such as:
- We Are Here
- Aussies Helping Aussies
- Health Reimagined
- Givit.org (Christmas voucher initiatives)
- Sea Change (Mental Health initiatives)
- Happiness Co (Man Enough Movement)
Our mission is simple. As the FOUNDATION ... we focus solely on:
Raising and distributing funds to Alliance Partners, charities, organisations, community groups and those working to heal Australia's broken rural heart!
"It’s now tough in the bush!"
Let distance not divide us. We invite you to join our Foundation and help heal our broken rural heart.
Contact the CEO at: email@example.com